Women's Health and Chiropractic Care
Women’s health services – the foundation for a happier, healthier life for women.
For total health and wellness, it’s worthwhile to take a whole-body approach to healthcare.
We go a step further than most wellness clinics. We place a high priority on women’s health, and offer services that can have a profound impact on your health.
The Importance of Focusing on Female Reproductive Health
Women’s healthcare goes beyond focusing on fertility and pregnancy, though that’s an important part of reproductive health. Besides struggling with infertility, reproductive system imbalance can lead to:
- Painful menstrual cycles
- Mood changes
- Stress on the immune system
- Certain types of cancer
- Pain or discomfort between periods or during menopause
When you make our services part of your health plan, you can:
- Reduce pain
- Reduce your risk of disease
- Keep hormones and other chemicals balanced, leading to mental clarity, improved mood, and better overall health
The Impact Chiropractic Care Can Have on Women’s Health
You need to have a general care physician and gynecologist as part of your women’s healthcare, and your Chiropractic Wellness Center team can play an integral role, too.
Stress is a major factor in many health issues, and this includes physical, mental, and emotional stress. This can have a profoundly negative impact on your reproductive health and existing conditions. High stress creates high levels of inflammation in your body. Chronic stress results in chronic inflammation and hormone issues, both of which can lead to problems such as:
- Dysmenorrhea (painful menstrual symptoms, particularly abdominal cramping)
How Our Team Can Help Women
If your spine is out of alignment, your body isn’t properly functioning. This leads to even more stress on the body.
Spinal adjustments of the lower back can aid in decreasing the body’s physical stress, which lessens the inflammatory response. The nerves in the lower back supply the reproductive organs, so taking the pressure off of the nervous system helps the body function more normally, easing tension and pain.
In addition to adjustments, your Salina chiropractor provides the following women’s health therapies and solutions.
- Massage Therapy: A massage is a wonderful way to further reduce physical, mental, and emotional stress. Loosening tight muscles is yet another way to reduce inflammation and promote proper circulation.
- Acupuncture: Our acupuncturist can determine where you have imbalances in your body, which can lead to pain and disease. Regular acupuncture treatments promote healthy energy, blood, and lymph flow, which can allow your body to function better, improving overall health.
- Lifestyle Changes: Exercise, a healthy diet, and nutritional supplements can create balance in the body, improving your general and reproductive health.
- Mercier Therapy: This is a specialized visceral massage therapy that provides relief from pelvic pain, digestive issues, reproductive problems, and restores proper blood flow to the pelvic organs.
- Creighton Model Fertility Care: Dr. Maria teaches women how to chart their cycles and works with Dr. Amy Hogan in Salina to help women learn how their bodies function, and be able to diagnose and treat fertility problems such as pain, irregularity, infertility, and more.
Why Choose Salina Chiropractic Wellness Center
Dr. Maria Rapp, DC has spent most of her career caring for the needs of the women in her community. She’s dedicated to helping women through their fertility issues and overcoming painful conditions like uterine fibroids, endometriosis, and PCOS.
Dr. Rapp understands how reproductive health impacts your health overall, too. Therefore, she’s committed to educating her patients on this subject so they can live full, happy, healthy, pain-free lives.
Would you like more information about our women’s health services? Contact our team today at 785-827-7779 to schedule a consultation.