To do a standing quad stretch:
- Stand up straight with the feet hip-width apart. If necessary, put the left hand on a wall or sturdy object for balance.
- Bend the right knee and bring the right foot up behind the body toward the buttocks.
- Grab the right foot with the right hand.
- Keep the right knee pointed toward the floor and gently push the hips forward very slightly, keeping the knees and thighs together.
- Hold for 30 seconds and then switch legs.
To stretch your groin:
- Stand with your feet spread apart in a wide stance.
- Without moving your left leg, lean to the right and bend your right knee until you feel a stretch.
- Hold for 10-20 seconds, then switch sides.
To stretch your calf muscles:
- Stand with your right foot behind your left.
- Bend your left leg forward while keeping your right leg straight.
- Be sure not to bend the right knee and to keep your right foot firmly on the ground, pointing straight ahead.
- Straighten your back and hold the pose for at least 30 seconds.
- Repeat with the other leg.