Fertility and Pregnancy
We offer a variety of fertility and pregnancy services such as:
Creighton Model Fertility Care
A safe, natural method of understanding and caring for your reproductive health. Dr. Maria is a trained Fertility Care Practitioner with Creighton Model Fertility Care Center in Salina. She works with Amy Hogan, MD to provide care for infertility, PCOS, cysts, cycle issues and much more. Dr. Rapp teaches women about how their body works, and teaches them how to chart their cycle. Dr. Hogan provides any diagnostic and treatment services that may be needed for their fertility.
To assist with pelvic pain, Mercier Therapy is a deep pelvic manipulation technique in which the reproductive organs are mobilized and blood flow is restored. Organ restrictions are lessened and movement is restored amongst the organs surrounding the pelvic bowl. Effects of Mercier Therapy include regulation of menstrual cycle and ovulation, improvement of ovarian and uterine health and function, reduce the tension created by pelvic surgeries or injuries.
The Bradley Method®
Offering classes for natural childbirth to guide you and your baby towards the best, safest, and most rewarding birth experience possible.
For that reason we endorse and teach the following ideals in class:
- Natural Childbirth
- Active participation of the husband as a coach
- Excellent nutrition, the foundation of a healthy pregnancy
- Avoidance of drugs during pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding unless absolutely necessary
- Training: 'Early-bird' Classes, followed by weekly classes starting in the 6th month, continuing until birth
- Relaxation and natural breathing
- "Tuning-in" to your body
- Immediate and continuous contact with your new baby
- Breastfeeding beginning at birth
- Consumerism and positive communication
- Parents taking responsibility for the safety of the birth place, procedures, attendants and emergency back-up
- Parents prepared for unexpected situations such as emergency childbirth and cesarean section
These goals are possible for the vast majority of pregnant couples. Occasionally, medical intervention is both necessary, and appreciated. Modern technology is compatible with natural childbirth. There is an appropriate time for intervention, but also an appropriate time to let nature take its course. Educated parents have the responsibility to make these choices with input from many sources, including the birth team they have chosen. It is important to seek out medical professionals who have experience with educated couples and will support their informed choices. This takes considerable effort and sometimes requires researching what is available locally, or traveling great distances to seek the safest possible birth.
For information about local classes please contact us at 785-827-7779.
We are currently working with Lori Esch, certified Bradley Method® instructor. More information available at: www.bradleybirth.com
Ginger Young from youngbeginnings.com offers her services. Assisting you with everything from pre-conception counseling to prenatal care throughout your pregnancy and the postpartum period as well as basic newborn care. Empower yourself for your birth and journey through motherhood.